Saturday 7 April 2007

To the one and only...

I remember when I was younger, I used to argue with her.
I used to call her every night just to tell her about my long day.
I usually felt really tired and upset from training, I ended up arguing with her
She raised her voice and we would yell at each other over the phone
Our relationship was very rocky and I was the only one to be blamed.
But I would have to admit, it was those difficult times that had brought us a lot closer than I would imagine
Even those days I knew that she would stick by me through thick or thin
She would be there for any competition that I would go for to give me moral support.
She would be at the airport everytime I go away for a competition
She made me beautiful leotards that she spent days or months sewing
Sometimes, I felt so pressured to do well, to please her but I realise it was more for myself
She was there to make me realise that I am not alone in that race
Now, I am far away from her
Still in a race, but this time, I am all on my own,
I miss her so dearly, I call her every weekend
She still nags me like before ; wash your clothes, do not be dirty, must clean up your room, be good, study hard, must be lady-like and whole loads of things.
I am sorry I did not tell u the sad or bad things that happen in my life
Just because I know you will get a lot more worried about it than you should
And most of the time, you cannot do much about it but still it would not stop you from staying awake whole night
I am sorry I hid my back injury from you for years,
I am sorry that I always pretend that I am fine even when the fact is I am sick or in absolute agony
I hope you understand that I am not a liar and that you have not failed your responsibility
It is merely because you are most precious to me
And to see you in pain is far greater than what I originally had to endure
But be sure of one thing, I share with you every single happy moment I have in my life
I love you so much, mum...
I know you already know that, just want to strengthen it further..

9 comments:

ccjj said...

you have been loved by everyone. may you always feel loved

Yi Wei said...

ccjj: Hello... Thanks... Hihihi... I am sure you are been loved too... :P... umm... You wanna refresh my memory.. do we know each other?? Sorry..it is always dificult to guess with initials :P

Xiao_zhai said...

Wah,...I mean wah.......

Very nicely written.......

I am sure she is very proud of you.

Just hang in there,girl.

Yi Wei said...

xiao_zhai: Thank you... And thanks to you too... For helping me so much... :p

Yi Wei said...

ccjj: I have never thought of your name this way... hihihhi... Take good care of yourself..

Justin ® said...

sob

Yi Wei said...

justin : why sob?? How are you ler?? Have not heard anything about you... oh i did hear something about u.. I think my housemates mentioned your name when they wanna play DOTA.. :P

Sheena said...

Wahlau, eh, I also nearly (NEARLY ONLY, K!) cried reading this. Jia-you!

Yi Wei said...

sheena!!! Hihihih... How have u been?? Wahahah... Heard your accent damn geng, wei!!!