Monday 30 April 2007

Should we be nice??

We all want to be the best person that we can.
We were all taught well by our parents
They tried their best to mould us into someone "different".
Someone great.
Someone they can be proud of
And someone that they can tell their friends about.

I realised that not everyone had that great opportunity.
Some had lost a parent while some had lost both;
Along the way or even from the very beginning.
Some had not been given enough love
While some have had bad experiences during their childhood.

Above it all, we all have one goal
We are all STILL thriving to be best that we can be in every aspect of life.

I used to be taught to be cautious when I was younger.
I got into a huge mess because I spoke too freely.
It involved all parties including my friends.
I was warned and I realised from then on I should be more careful when I speak

It must be the competitive life I once had.
Things that were said among my colleagues were sometimes doubtful.
I am not judging anyone, because I am the same, if not worse.

After I left that sort of life, I learnt how to be more trusting
I learnt how to tell the truth.
To respect people
To give them the benefit of the doubt
Because everyone deserves a chance to be trusted
Because everyone deserves a chance to correct the mistakes that were once made

As years passed, I met more and more people.
Life is getting more and more complicated again

Everything that you do is being watched
Every mistake that you make will be remembered and be talked about
Every good deed that you do will be remembered but NOT talked about
People tend to remember the bad and disregard the good
People tend to believe what others think about that person
Even when they do not want to do so
We have to admit we DO get affected by the gossip that goes around
Do not feel bad
It is only human to judge people when we see or hear things about them
Everyone analyses and sadly, most of the time we are influenced by our peers

I realise that we cannot change how people perceive us
I realise we cannot always get affected by what people say
I realise we have to understand that not everyone is sensitive
I also realise that not everyone admires sensitivity


Know that it is alright not to be nice all the time
We are only human, and we make mistakes
Know that if we were judged wrongly at the first impression
We should try to better ourselves
Know that if we were judged wrongly the second time
We should try harder to better ourselves
Know that if they continue letting the past judge you
We should just better ourselves without hoping for them to change their perception
But remember, do NOT at any one point feel inadequate
Because we are only human


I always want to be at my best in all circumstances
I try hard to be someone nice.
Someone who is well liked
It takes a lot of effort in an unknown land
Maybe I am just not ‘naturally’ nice

Many times it drains me seeing the effort unbalanced by appreciation
Many times I would want to give up trying
Many times I feel that all the trouble is not worth it

But many times I was proven wrong
I have always been blessed with the presence of good company
I may have people not liking me
But I still have some close friends who are there
People that I know would stick by me through thick and thin
People who care about what is going on in my life
People who care to call or to message
People who spare a moment to think about me
Those are the people I live for
Because, at the end of the day, it is not about how many acquaintances u have
But it is about how many true friends you have

All in all
Do not stop being nice because some people do not appreciate it
You might one day change someone’s life just by being nice
A few kind words is all it takes
A little time spent for a friend is all it takes

Thank you for being that friend of mine
For being there
For the kind words
And for sparing those precious time of yours
I appreciate it all

Thank you...

P/S : This is just a token of my appreciation to all my friends who have been there for me. Names need not be mentioned. Surely, you know who you are... :P

9 comments:

SpicySam said...

Oh my dog that was long... I think you should write a book..hehe.. On a more serious note, I think the statement that you are not 'naturally nice' is completely untrue. You are one of the nicest people I know. You will go out of your way to help your friends even at your own expense.

Unknown said...

"I try hard to be someone nice.
Someone who is well liked"

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Talk rubbish la. U owe me food.

Yi Wei said...

spicysam: Thank you, Sam :p That's really nice of u... You are very nice too!!! :p

Thi: Well, I think it is quite selective though... Not everyone I try as hard..To be nice to u ah?? Don't think u would appreciate it all that much :p

Woi!! Who's the one who called u on ur birthday ah??? Idiot...
Unappreciative fella...

SpicySam said...

Wow.. Thank you!! Nice to know I'm very nice!

Xiao_zhai said...

So many thanks I must say you are welcome how many times wor. Okok... I perasan a bit.

But I don't accept thanks in just words.hahaha...even more perasan now... I want....er....Coffee Bean:p

Yi Wei said...

spicysam: I am not being sarcastic ler... u can be annoying at times... but you are actually a very nice person.. :P

XZ : you are definitely one of those friends who stood by me through things ler.. So, you are not being perasan ler..:P...

Yi Wei said...

thi: Hey, come back to Msia ler.. Then go makan lala!!!

Unknown said...

Je ne temp plus, mon ami. Eh i want lala too!! Gah. Dunno if I can get back tho. Come to Vancity, we can go surfing + snowbarding...

Hey guess what I just found a SEATRU pic that Adrian took at Redang. Man those were good times. Rice rice rice...

Unknown said...

Why are you so mushy n sentimental? Too much asian emo muzak?