Monday 16 April 2007

Exams

Studying for exams has become a very big chore for me. It is especially disappointing when you try so hard, and yet when you try to do a few questions, it is proven that you do not know anything at all. Sigh... This coming exam should be one of the toughest exams that I ever had. And I am quite doubtful about it... I used to like to think that I am quite smart. I whisked through primary school with good results and being hardly in school at all in secondary years, I managed reasonably well. Not the full straight A's most of my colleagues had, but definitely enough to make my parents proud of me. A-levels was probably the best time I had in my life.. good company, relaxing and also it was then that I realised how much I missed studying.. It is amazing how little I knew when I first started.. My Physics, Chemistry and Biology were all quite hopeless but with the guidance of great teachers and friends, I managed to do extremely well.. Then came IMU... Studying was turning into a chore.. all the memorising, understanding and the whole broad spectrum of diseases that I had to learn just dampened my spirit. I no longer enjoy the process of studying like I used to in A-levels ( though short, still very memorable). Luckily, I still managed well... I thought that was the hardest.... Apparently, I was so wrong... I cannot remember the last time I felt so stupid.. In Aberdeen, I am now in my 4th year and I would have to agree that I learnt a lot in the practical side of things.. but when it comes to knowledge, I take time to retrieve information and many times, I might be right but too afraid to speak up, or even worse, when I speak up (bear in mind, it takes a lot for me to speak up in class) I am told that I am wrong.. Sigh... I know it is fine to make mistakes, and that is probably where we learn from.. But to make mistakes after all that hard work.... Arrghh... It is just pure disappointment...Do not get me wrong.. I love medicine.. I cannot imagine myself doing anything else.. But the studying and the many disappointments on the way to the top is just so taxing and I feel that it has finally taken it's toll on me... I want to give up.. Sigh... Sob sob...

Take 3 deep breaths...

Ok, ok... Bad thoughts, bad thoughts!!! Go away!!! I think I should forget about all that nonsense and start studying.. And to all who are going to have exams soon, all the best.. and don't give up... We worked hard to get where we are.. Do not give up half way... We will all work hard towards our goal...And I think I still have 40 days to study....Jia You!!!! Gambatte!!!!

Jia you , yi wei!!! Hihihiihih... Weeeee........ Ok... Gonna go back to studying...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

"A-levels was probably the best time I had in my life"

Hahaha...mengada. I feel bad for you A-Lev buddies. Good thing they don't read your blog horr?

Eh monyet la u I have finals in 2 days, you have 40 more days to prepare...

Xiao_zhai said...

Chill chill, monkey. You can do it.

If you ever need anything(ok la besides questions...hehe...juz jk),juz gimme a yell,yea?

Yi Wei said...

Monkey thi... It was the best time I had in life... hihih... And ur monkey-ness played a part.. hahaha...just a small part...Wahahhaha... But do you remember teaching me Physics?? hahahha... I remembered how long u took to explain to me something...hihihi...

Anyway, thanks for your mengada-ness ler.. Don't think anyone can ever beat that


Xiao_zhai, hihihih... Questions and answers mou?? hihihi... Yeah.. I think you should work hard too... jia you...Hope you'll do very well!!

Unknown said...

" And ur monkey-ness played a part."
Was it my monkeyness, or my wonderful sense of direction, not knowing that Gombak was in the 5th dimension...

"just a small part...Wahahhaha..."
mengada. scary thing is that i can actually hear your monkey laughter in my head. gah.

Eh hungry lah. Cook for me.

Yi Wei said...

Thi: Let me tell u something more mengada... I realised it is not 40days ler... it is actually 60 days... Wahahahah....

And don't mention about your sense of direction ler... You almost drove me to Ipoh... Hey wait... Wasn't I the one giving directions.. Darn... Anyway, you are equally as bad...or worse...

The Sadist said...

Haha...GEEK! But then u get what u give la...you put in effort, you reap the results. You study so much your monkey brains get confused already la...hehe, chill girl. You damn geng la, seriously. Take it easy ok. Love ya!

selina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
selina said...

by the way the selina above was me! kakka

see im stalking your blog.

Dont be too harsh on yourself.. you will do fine in your exams. If i did it, theres no doubt of you sailing through it. You have to trust me on this! keep up the hard work! study hard!

Yi Wei said...

kah yee: Me, geek?? hahahaha... Hmmm...dunno abt that ler... I WAS once called the "Keen Bean" of my group... hihihi...

Yinnniii: You cancelled the previous post d ler.. I also cannot see what u wrote.. hihihi... don't la... stalk my blog.. hihihi... go write one, and i'll stalk yours... :P