Wednesday 2 May 2007

A very nice day...

Today has been a great day.
Sarah asked us to go out hiking and for a picnic with her friends.
Sam and I decided that we would tag along.
I met one of the nicest people today.
There was a dad of two, a 5 year old kid and a 7 year old kid
The two kids were soooooooooooo adorable.
Really, really, really cute...
Maybe the fact that their dad is an Ang Moh and their mother is Punjabi.
And they are both handsome and gorgeous respectively
The dad followed us along with the two kids while their mother stayed at home because she is now pregnant
Dad had a saber fight with his son. His son tapped the saber onto his leg. Dad started limping pretending that his leg was really sore. He limped but the fight continued. It was just so adorable. There was so much love between the father and his sons
It makes me want to have my own children
Small 'yiwei' running around... Jumping up and down, throwing tantrums, making so much noise, asking stupid questions.. No.. No.. That'll be nightmare.. Small 'yiwei' is a menace
Met Ed. He was the one who got the fire going. Good job, Ed. The fire was definitely handy when it got a lot colder.
Had a good chat with another new friend, Kate. She told me about her trip to Thailand
Apart from that, there was Sarah, of course and Ruth
We all had good banter
It was really goood fun. We hiked about 200m and made ourselves some hot chocolate, crisps and brownies!!!
I was so happy to have met all of these people. As we gathered around the fire to warm ourselves, they said prayers. These people were so sincere and they prayed for everyone that they knew who were not in the best situations. Even people whom they just met yesterday. I was really touched by that.


Just before I end this entry, something happened this morning and it definitely taught me a lesson.

I went to the antenatal clinic with Sam in the afternoon. I was supposed to sit in with the consultant tomorrow and I just needed to know if the clinic was on. I saw a nurse passing by. I stopped her and said,

Yi Wei: Hello there.. I was just wondering if the antenatal clinic will be on tomorrow
Nurse : Looking at me and paused for a while
Ummm... May I know if this is for you or is it for your friend?
Yi Wei: Ummm... No no.. You are mistaken. I am not a patient. I am a 4th year
medical student. I am suppose to be in the antenatal clinic
Nurse : She let go a sigh and said... Oh I see...

Moral of the story :
  1. Always.. Always and Always.. remember to introduce yourself first before asking any questions..
  2. I definitely look pretty old. Usually they wouldn't even have thought that I already had my menarche

6 comments:

Xiao_zhai said...

"I definitely look pretty old. Usually they wouldn't even have thought that I already had my menarche"

Do you mean you look young? Hehehe.....

And regarding little "monkeys", I believe you would have to wear those hearing protectors,those big earmuff normally found in air traffic controllers on the runway......

Whoah....just the thought of it.... I mean whoah......hahaha...

Yi Wei said...

XZ: I USED to look very young k?? Hiihih... Still remember the days I got stopped before I could get into clubs.

And, I think the thought of little monkeys are hmmmmm........ not appealing at all

Hey, wait a minute.. what monkey monkey,ah??? Bah...

Unknown said...

omg. let the world never be overrun by mini-yiweis. that would be horrible. coke wld go outta bizniz, lala shop close down. mengadaness overload. the horror!

Yi Wei said...

thi: Hahahaha... hmmm.. u know me quite well ah, thi... not bad not bad.. I am impressed... :p
Seriously, go back to msia ler..don't be an a**... hiihihi.. then the whole HELP gang can go eat lala :p

Acidulous said...

hmm... never know u look old.. haha...

Yi Wei said...

acidulous: just recently.. got a lot older