Sunday 13 May 2007

Take That - How deep is your love - live 2006

One of my all-time favourites...

I remember my cousin's husband-to-be at that time sang this song to her during their wedding day. Obviously he was not the only one singing. There were 3 of them, the other two were his best men. They had their glasses on and they sang whole heartedly with gestures and full of expression. It was rather….well... out-of-tune... But who cares!!!!
It was soooooo sweet...

It has been a few years now and soon, it is my own sister's wedding. I do not know what my exact feelings were when I first heard the news. I was definitely very excited
However, when the news slowly sank into my puny ( sure kena zhat for this.. though small, I am still the smartest k??) brain, I felt as though situation had threatened the relationship between me and my sister. I was afraid that our relationship will not be as strong. I would not be the first person she would turn to anymore… not when she has her own husband.

We were close ever since we were young.
She was someone I shared everything with.
She was the nice one while I was the evil one.
I would always bully her and get her into trouble.
I am sorry for all the mistakes I had made before..
I remember pulling her hair
I remember pinning her down onto the bed and sitting on her
I remember shouting at her
I remember lying to her

Despite that, she was always there for me.
Regardless of the situation;
Whether it was one of my glorious moments or when I was down in the dumps
She would still be there for me....
I do not know if you know how much you mean to me...
Even I cannot put it into words

Things might be different, and I am sure they will
You would have a husband whom you would turn to when problems arise
You would have your own room and I would be left in our old room alone
You would have your own life
You would eventually have your own kids and spend most of your time with your own family

But please be sure that
Some things do not change.

I will not change
I will still be there for you
My respect for you will never change
My love for you will never change.
Most importantly, our relationship will never change
That I promise you..
Love you soooo much
And will always do

Thank you so much for all the support you had given me. I know I have the best sister in the world.

Sis

4 comments:

Xiao_zhai said...

This song is classic,really.

Xiao_zhai said...

Hehe....okok...give you a longer comment la.

This is the first English pop song that I learned to "sing" After the advent of internet,only I realised my lyrics are wrong,just a bit wrong.

It's been so long now.

Yi Wei said...

XZ: Wah... Nice nice... Karaoke session mou??? You sing and all the IMU ppl will sit and listen... Hmmm...That's not a Karaoke session anymore.. Concert ler...

SpicySam said...

Don't worry YW, I'm sure your sister will still need you to bully her once she's married. You're pretty hard to forget and once she's had you around I'm sure she'll want you around after she's married too.. Only thing I'm worried about is when she has children, I hope you don't influence your nieces/nephews to be a MonkYi like you...