Saturday 5 May 2007

The Runaway

I thought I was normal,
I thought I was cool,
I thought I abided by everyones rules...

Now I realize as the time goes by,
I should have thought about everyone else...

For a time they were there,
For a time they all cared,
But then came a time when I just disappeared...

I blocked it all out,
I refused to see,
What I kept all locked up inside of me,
It all seemed so stupid,
It all seemed insane,
But then again I was just the same...

I took it all in and refused to let out,
The frustration inside that would make me bail out,
I didn't think twice about what it would cause,
To me it was over just because...

No other reason,
No answer why,
I didn't care and I didn't know why,
Nothing else mattered,
No one else knew,
But what I was doing could sure make me lose...

I don't know how,
I don't know when,
But one of these years I will win again,
My life is in shambles,
But now I can see,
I'll start to rebuild whats inside of me...

It'll take strength,
It'll take mind,
But whatever it takes I'll be there in time,
I won't be afraid,
I won't be alone,
For whatever it takes I'll learn to condone...

I'll have to move on,
I'll have to get through,
It'll be tough but I'll see my way through,
I've made my mistakes,
Now I know what to do...

I hurt everyone deeply beyond what I knew,
and it was to bad that I bailed out before,
but now I've come home and I'll start to renew,
The love everyone has I put it aside,
But now I'll take part and start to recognize,
All of the love that I've had all along,
Now will come forth and all will be told,
for now i have learned the gift of love and home...


© By Chanda A. Johnson

2 comments:

Xiao_zhai said...

Hmmm...I take back my comment.

Then you must be PMS-ing then....hehe

Quirksy said...

eh yi wei.. remember my tips on how to be successful blogger wei! jia you! i know u can do it! btw, i blogged about EYEBALL la.. got read or not? hihihihihihihihihihi...