Sunday 6 May 2007

My first 24h...

Yesterday was the first time I stayed up for 24 hours
Not because of jetlag, clubbing or being busy talking to people.
I was doing something productive...
I was there from 5pm-7am, with a lady who was in pain
Who was struggling every now and then
She took few deep breaths through a tube each time pain decided to pay her a visit
She cried at times when the contractions were too much for her to endure
I checked her stats every half an hour
I checked her living "subject" in her womb every 15 minutes
I was with her during her exciting journey
However, the living "subject" in the womb was too stubborn
He would not budge
He stayed at 9cm for 4 hours
Everyone was concerned for the mother and the "subject"
She finally decided to proceed with the surgery
I assisted and the registrar warned me that it could get quite bloody
I stood there as the surgeon cut the abdomen open
Fluid splattered on all of us with full force (amniotic)
There was an obstruction
Then he cut deeper, and I opened the abdomen as much as possible to assist in the delivery
Before you knew it *ploop*, a baby boy came into the world...
His mother, grand mother and all the other health staff members welcomed him to the world
The day ended with a smile...
Moral of the story : Guys are trouble... :P

4 comments:

Quirksy said...

haha.. the last line very funny.. remember how sam couldnt understand it? haha.. very very funny!

Unknown said...

ugh mengada monkeys are the worst!

Yi Wei said...

adeline: I know.. What would you expect from a 256MB brain?? Hahaahha

XZ and Thi: Wah... Terasa is it?? HAhahah.. Both of you so nice, I am sure deep inside, both of you are actually a girl.... I am very sure about that...So, don't get offended,k? That means the message is not for you all ler...

Quirksy said...

hey yiwei, see my suggestion so effective! haha.. next time u must listen to me more wei.. look u already have 5 comments!