Wednesday 11 July 2007

Get Well Soon....

We may not be the closest as I am not around for most gatherings
My memory of you is the boy who had eczema
I can remember how you itched and how your skin dried
That still did not stop you from feeling itchy and agitated
Seeing you this way makes all our hearts ache


You were sick many times
You fought bravely and won each battle
For most battles I was not around and failed to see how strong you were
However, I heard lots about it
And I am nothing but proud of you


You have always been a strong boy
You never complained about anything that happened to you
You are so young yet full of spirit
I remember you were singing during the Christmas dinner with so much enthusiasm


Now, you are sick once again
Seeing you so ill is painful
Please gather all your strength and fight this


Tears were collecting in my eyes but I refused to let it roll down my cheeks
I shall not cry, not here, not now
I will cry for happiness later
When you are better
When you once again win the battle


Here, I wish you the best
Your parents must have been tired
Yet when I see them, they remain as calm as ever
They too, believe you can do it
You can be absolutely well again


So now, I will pray for you.
My family will pray for you
You also have your friends and neighbours who care about you


We all love you dearly
So take care now
Hopefully the next time I see you, you will be much better..

No comments: