Friday 5 January 2007

Happy New Year....



This new year's celebration was indeed the best I've ever had. It was a rather simple celebration but it involves great people. I was back in Malaysia and celebrated with my family. We had our uncles, aunties and cousins over at our place for barbecue. Dad brought out the karaoke set after a very long time. I definitely have to admit that I did not really helped much with the preparation of food. In the admidst of preparing food, my sis, Yi Hua and I picked up the microphones and started singing. Hahahahah... Yeah... Yi Wei singing. Not a normal sight at all. We sang songs from Westlife and Michael learns to Rock albums. Though the songs are not my favourites, it was still good fun. Never realised how much I missed singing. Went out of tune a couple of times... not like I really care. Apart from that, shared jokes with my cousins and we all had good laugh. We played Pictionary after that, and I suppose it's not surprising that my team lost ( having Yi Wei the girl with limited vocabulary does not help ). But it was still amazingly fun.. yeah... even the losing part...




Let's sum up the events that happened in Yi Wei's life in 2006
Went to Aberdeen in April
Broke up with her boyfriend two weeks later because was uncomfortable with him being so close to his housemate ( who is also a very close friend of mine)
Told him not to tell her that the break up was because of her thinking that her close friend is just being close to him like she does with everyone. Does not want her close friend to feel guilty
Heard rumours about them doing *stuff* even before we broke up
Obviously smart Yi Wei didn't believe any of them just because she trusted both of them.
Hah... Found out the truth 6 months later that things happened on the night Yi Wei left
Great... That's what I call stupidity
:P

The great thing about this is that I got to know my friend's ex-bf ( were still together with her when things happened)
Gaining a new friend along the way...
Thanks for listening to all the whinings that I had...
And I finally agree with some of the things that you had told me earlier...

Love life wasn't great for me at all last year
Did many mistakes and end up hurting people
Of course in the process, being hurt as well

Well, it's lesson to be learnt. If only I will learn :P

Apart from that, I worked as a waitress for about 6 months
The work is really demanding and this is the list of work I had to do;
Wash the dishes and glasses, take orders, clean the tables, set up the tables, prepare drinks ( including wine and mixed alcohols), make tea and coffees using the coffee machine ( including espresso, cappuccino, white coffee, double espresso, machiato, black coffee, and mocha), sweep and mop the floor, prepare the bills and finally, some administration stuff as well
Got to know 2 very nice people at work
However, got helluva bad time from another person and when I say bad, it is really bad... Almost cried two times..
Hihiihih.....
But, I learned a lot from there....So, I suppose, that's good ler...

One great thing happened last year...
I learned to love medicine and now, I can finally see myself becoming a doctor one day.
I usually regret a lot of things in my life, but choosing this profession is definitely the best choice I've made in my life. I cannot imagine myself doing anything except medicine. And because of this dicovery, I think it cancels out all the bad stuffs that had happened in 2006. :P

Though had a pretty rough time last year, I would like to say thank you to those who stood by me. I really appreciate it and do let me do the same for you. Come to me when there is any problem and I will always try my best to be there for you. I think I shouldn't have to write down all te names, because I am sure you know who you are. Thank you so much...

Now, in the year 2007,

It's definitely going to be a better year.... So hopeful.... Well, it doesn't hurt hoping..:P

No comments: